A reference for TV shows I think should be added to your viewing schedule. They aren't all great, but they are all worth your time!

Thursday, September 20, 2007

Episode 6, I've Been Watching!

Phew! Watching TV can be hard work! Here's what I've been watching tonight:

Prison Break, Fox, Season Premier was great! Gory, nasty, inmate run SONA prison in Panama will be the stage for Scofield's next breakout...and this time he doesn't have the way out tattooed across his back. Its like MacGuyver in Oz (the HBO kind, not Dorothy)

Survivor, CBS, Season Premier was and always is a bit lack-luster. The one question I have is if you know you are in China to go on the show Survivor and traveling around in the back of a monster pickup truck, wouldn't you change out of the dress and 3-inch heels? Just in case? Maybe?

My Name is Earl, NBC, Damn-it...my tivo fooled me! This was an encore of the season finale from last year where Earl goes to jail instead of Joy. (I did get a bit choked up when Joy told her boys "and pray for old-daddy too.") I was fooled because there was a painful (even to my tone deaf ears) "Free Earl" music video at the end. That was enough to warrant a tivo original air date of Sept 20th, 2007. Like the Who, I won't be fooled again. No, No, No!

IronChef America, Food Network-I like food. A lot. And I love cooking shows. And Mark Tarbell is from Phoenix, does frequent appearances on 3 TV's morning show, has a yummy restaurant-that uses OpenTable for reservations- aaaaand *spoiler alert* Kicked Cat Cora's ass on "Battle Apple."

...And I've been organizing my season passes to manage through the triple and quadruple conflicts. I've got almost of all the worth-wild (aka: mentioned on my blog) series premiers loaded and only ran into 1 quadruple conflict. Why care about a quadruple conflict? Between my 2 tivo's I can tivo 3 shows on different channels at the same time-but to do 4 I'd have to drop another line into the bedroom TV. So if there are 4 shows I want, I must make a choice :( It really is a troubling experience: Do I pick Kid Nation or Back to You over Top Chef and Dancing with the Stars? What if Kid Nation really turns out like SONA on Prison Break-I want to see some 7 year-old throw the chicken foot down! What if Back to You has an unpredictable joke-I wouldn't want to miss that! Do you comprehend the dilemma!?! Since there is an encore presentation of Kid Nation Saturday night I'll be OK and will be able to make an educated choice when it comes to this season's first quadruple conflict. Don't worry, please.

I'm off to watch an episode of Forensic Files, Court TV, while I fall asleep!

The Queen has spoken!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Queen -
Drop the extra line and watch all the shows... you can't have enough or too many TVs or TIVOs... Do it!

Dwarf

CTownfan said...

Any comment on the "Apple Battle"?